I frequently make dishes based on the ingredients I have available in my fridge. Grocery shopping every time I want to cook for myself is just not feasible. My dad says he often makes himself hash-type dishes, which I’m guessing goes off a similar concept. Sometimes the meals end up being more coherent than others, but this dish went over pretty damn well.
Ingredients: Quinoa blend, arugula, mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus, garlic, shredded cheese, white cannelini beans, balsamic vinegar.
1) Follow the directions on the Near East box of Quinoa blend.
2) In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat. Finely chop garlic and throw in skillet. Once garlic is simmering, chop vegetables and continue to simmer until they start turning golden brown.
3) Open can of white cannelini beans, drain liquid, and add a little less than half the can to vegetables.
3) Add beans, cooked vegetables, and a small handful of shredded cheese to finished quinoa blend and stir well.
4) Top with a handful of arugula and drizzle balsamic vinegar.