While I’m still at school in Richmond, I have a part-time hostessing job at an Italian restaurant near campus called Azzurro. I absolutely love working there. It’s weird how much I love going to work. The management is great and my coworkers are all so fun, I love the consistent customer base, and not to mention, the amazing food. Above is the breakfast pizza that they serve during Sunday brunch, which features a goat cheese crust, scrambled eggs, soubice, fresh tomatoes and basil, and smoked bacon. The brunch is more under the radar than lunch and dinner, which are always packed and bustling. I really love each of the menus (brunch, lunch, and dinner). To say I recommend coming here is an understatement.
Menu Must Haves:
- Mozzarella Prosciutto – classic & delicious
- Burratta if they have it on the specials menu!!!
- Beef carpaccio (new, not on the online menu yet)
- Napolatana Salcice (my favorite pizza): Spicy Sausage, Sundried Tomatoes Marinated in Balsamic Vinegar, Artichoke Hearts, Mozzarella, Red Sauce
- DBP (add grilled chicken too!): bacon, pesto sauce, goat cheese, red onions
- Pizza Di Mediterranneo: Spinach, Tomato, Mozzarella, Goat Cheese, Parmigian, Onions, Kalamata Olives, Pesto Sauce
- Parpadelle Al Abruzzo (my favorite pasta): Fresh Sliced Waving Pasta, Arugula, Sliced Sausage, Garlic, Shallots, Parmigian
- Zachetti Di Pere (customer favorite): Purse Shaped Pasta stuffed with Pear and Ricotta in a Gorgonzola Cream and Spinach Sauce
- Tortellini Azzurro: Stuffed with Pork and Veal, tossed w/ Mushrooms, Green Peas, Porcini Mushroom Cream
- Pollo Palermo: Dark Chicken, Mild Sausages, Fresh Rosemary, Mixed Mushrooms, White Wine, Garlic
- Veal Tre Scalini: Veal Scallopine, Marsala Wine, Mushrooms, Roasted Red Pepper, Prosciutto, Mozzarella
- Pesce Del Giorno (fish of the day) – often times a grilled rockfish, which is always amazing!
- Breakfast Pizza (pictured)
- Quiche of the Day: ALWAYS so so good!!!
- Eggs Benedict: add the lump crabmeat!
- Skillet Cinnamon Roll: kind of a kids meal, but they are made fresh and are gooey rolls of heaven